There are many tax advantages, including income, gift and estate charitable tax deductions. For example, it may be possible to avoid capital gains taxes when you donate actual stock instead of the cash from a stock sale, or the amount of your will bequest can be deductible from the taxable portion of your estate.
In addition, donors who set up gift annuities or similar funds can actually receive income from their investment while benefiting the Library at the same time.
In each case, there is the knowledge that your gift will make a long-term contribution to a valuable community resource.
Why does the Endowment need to grow?
- To assist in the expansion of building usefulness and available materials.
- Demand for new media formats.
- Information technology and Internet based resources are changing rapidly.
- Future uses of the library as a destination and resource.
- Educational and cultural programs for adults, teens, and children